View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2006, 02:49 AM   #6
Phill104

Default RE: Actual volume of Isonics

Quote:
Mezza30 wrote:
Geo,

Thanks for that. So the 101 is actually 96 liters, which is annoying because as a medium wind changedown from the 133 it wouldn't work for me, but at 68cm wide the Is 111 may be too wide at the top end.
Don't worry mezza30, it is the sail carrying capacity that you need to look at too. The 96 ltrs stated on the other site I would not really worry about. And remember that volumes vary by a tolerence of +- 5%
but width does not vary making that a very important measurement

I myself have a 115 iSonic and love it. It is suprisingly good at the top end, where on a 6.5 I have managed 42.3mph. I use it with 8.5-6.5 sails in chop and even though it is wide, behaves very well.

I have recently ordered an iS87 and have no doubts that it will complement the larger board well, even at my current 84kg.

If you have any doubts, demo the 101 and 111, I'm sure you will be nicely surprised. The iSonics do seem hard work at first if you are not used to this style of sailing. The first time I tried one I was knackered after 20mins, but I soon adjusted and now sail for hours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote