Thread: stickers ?
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Del Carpenter

I want large Starboard "Tiki" stickers for my sails because the "Tiki" is such a great symbol of windsurfing. It is not a symbol of any particular professionals. In many instances it is more a symbol of the sport than it is a symbol of the brand.

Starboard's "Tiki" is a symbol of playing with the wind, dancing with the wind, respecting the wind, using the wind, being a partner with the wind. The "Tiki" is not a symbol of a god anyone bows to or prays to or makes sacrifices to. It is a symbol of the helpfulness of the wind, of the fickleness of the wind, of the mystery of the wind.

Or you could look at the "Tiki" and think of it as a symbol of us, a symbol of windsurfers who stand up while playing with the wind, a symbol of windsurfers who can harness the wind, windsurfers who can partner with the wind, windsurfers who can give wind a reason for being.

My stance as a windsurfer who can sometimes harness the wind and sometimes knows when to leave the wind alone may look like a pose, but to me it's a source of joy. Having Starboard's Tiki on my sails would be an announcement of that joy.
Del Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote