View Single Post
Old 26th January 2011, 05:37 PM   #6
bokirr

marekk I agree with you that it would be hard to get in the straps on a formula, that's the problem I have with this race board that I have now.

that's why I thought about getting a 135 l freeride board also for learning and a formula for those super light wind days...

hm...you say futura 155...I can see why it would be ok, but what about those 20+ knt days?? In this year I think I can progress to an intermidiate (easy in straps, etc...) I don't want to restrict myself only on light wind. or do you think it would be ok for me to go on a high wind day with futura 155? remember, I uphauld on a 114 l board, wich sank to my knees, for a begineer thats not so bad I think. I have a huge desire to became a good surfer, I just don't want to make the same mistake like a did with the F2 board.

roger, thank you for your replay, you also make good point like marekk.
as for formula 2002, I got the pictures this night and it's an old shape. I thought it's like this new ones, 1 m wide and short, but that's a huge board, wich is just 5 cm wider than my current board... so I'm not buying that one. thanks for the specs, couldn't find them on the web...
when did they start with this newer shape (1m wide), 2003 maybe?

and about the sails...yeah, sure I would need a bigger sail for formula, and if I buy a formula I will buy a sail also. It's not going to be new or very good but I'll find something

so, the dilema is...

1)do I buy one board wich I can use in all conditions and on wich I can advance - that means, be able to uphaul on it, get in to straps easely, and also ride it on a high wind ( obviously I will lose in low wind range and to compesate this buy a 9-9.5 sail) - I think, and please correct me if I'm wrong beacause this is where I need you guys to help me, that this board would some freeride 145 l board, yes??

2)buy a 135 l freeride on wich I can also uphaul easely but is a bit narrow and would be a little more unstable (my opinion stable enough), and progress on it (or you think it would be to hard?), but this board would give me a little bit more on those high wind days... And buy an old formula gear to use on light wind days and learn, practise, have trouble, getting tired beacuse of the big sails, etc... - but still I just might learn

so many options... uh...
bokirr is offline   Reply With Quote