View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 01:23 PM   #5
espen

I would say there is a lot of difference between the two boards. The Futura is fast and forgiving, while the Ultrasonic is fast and wild. Where the Futura glides smoothly, the Ultrasonic just reacts.

The tail helps a lot when it comes to gybing, it’s wide so you have to commit, but for me as newbie to gybing it holds higher speed in the turn, and have a quick exit. I was taken by surprise by the speed the first time I gybed it. For me turning used to be a breather but not anymore, now it’s just all in – all the time.

On the reach I feel the Ultrasonic is easier to control and I use less power on my back leg than on the Futura. Where I used to stand with a straight leg and push on the Futura, I now hang nicely in the harness with bent legs absorbing the chop on the Ultrasonic. Just shift a little weight and it points in a new direction.

I’ve used NCX 9 and 7,5 Mojo sails on the board. I feel the NCX worked fine, but I can’t wait for my 9.2 Turbo. I haven’t found the sweet spot for the Mojo, it felt a little too small for me on this board. The board needs some grunt to get going and to lock it in. If I had the money I would have bought an 8.8 and a 9.6, for me that would have been the ultimate quiver.
espen is offline   Reply With Quote