Thread: advice
View Single Post
Old 18th June 2011, 05:29 PM   #3
nakaniko

Or, if you was a skilled windsurfer and you don't have winds over 10-12 knots, or you don't want to go out with it: Starboard Serenity, 460x61,5, 257 litres. The fastest actual board in lighest winds, round bottom inspired by Div 2 boards. I've got one in my Venice Lagoon and it's my mostly used board (I'm 43 but with c6-c7 ernia). A fantastic gliding gondola that reaaly runs over 5 knots.
But for sure it's more technical to tack and jibe (it's narrow), it doesn't plane, and doesn't have straps, imho not suitable for rough sea conditions, so If you want also to plane then Phantom 320 or the pricy carbon 380 are your choice.
For the sail I'd go for sure for a Hotsailsmaui Superfreak UL (Ultralight), soft response as it's the only modern sail fully made of dacron, and therefore not subject to UV damage like monofilm ones. Size: depends from usual winds of your spot, but the SF UL 8,0 have the same weight of a monofilm 5,0 ! And you can order in all the colors you want. Then for sure 90% carbon mast ad a stiff alloy-ergal boom.
All imho.
Anyway you're my hero.

Last edited by nakaniko; 18th June 2011 at 05:48 PM.
nakaniko is offline   Reply With Quote