View Single Post
Old 31st July 2011, 03:00 AM   #3
the-wind

Hi Roger,
Thanks a lot for all the answers!

Unfortunately I don't know what gear I used. The sail looked like a more basic beginner sail and was different and smaller than what intermediate and advanced windsurfers were using around me. So whatever it was, it was probably 5.5m or smaller. I don't know the size but it felt like a very small sail which was very easy to uphaul for someone around 160 pounds and 5 feet 11. The board seemed like a no name brand, was all white, no foot straps, no rubber pad, it was kind of thick and floaty. I noticed my board was floaty as other windsurfers had boards that were sinking quite a bit, especially on the back foot size obviously. I looked at the Start star board on your site and the board I used looked nothing like this. It was more narrow. I could not find the board anywhere, none of the Star Boards seem to look like the board I used. As for the wind, it was gusty and relatively light. When a good gust would hit the sail I could feel some "speed" and it was a lot of fun. But most of the time, I was just cruising slowly and practicing switching stance etc.

I will be sailing on fresh water.

Ok so I need a Rio M and a 6.5m sail. What sail would be light, has no cam, and is also easy to use for a beginner? I checked the Severne sails and I'm not sure which one would be best for my beginner skill and wind condition?

Thank you again for the help!

Last edited by the-wind; 31st July 2011 at 03:05 AM.
the-wind is offline   Reply With Quote