View Single Post
Old 25th August 2011, 05:40 PM   #8
oleping

Default Accessory Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anowan View Post
I recently got myself an Evil Twin 80, the lack of conditions to try it got myself thinking about trimming the board correctly.
Now I have one anti-twist plug missing in my accessory bag (the grey one containing the straps, screws , stickers and such). Also the 2009 waveboards back straps are now attached to the board via 4 inserts instead of two, but the anti-twist plugs are too wide to be placed side by side, they sit one on top of the other.
Meaning I would have to sand the plastic of the two closest plugs on one side so that they could sit next to each other .

But since I have one plug missing anyway, and that there are 4 inserts instead of two (preventing the backstrap from twisting in the first place), is it reasonable to just get rid of them for the backstrap ?
I'm asking because I heard the 2009 screws are longer this year, therefore going deeper in the insert, so I naively wondered if that could damage the board if I used the longer screws without the thickness of the antitwist plug...? (I know, just being extra careful with my new precious toy).
Or would it be wiser to just order a new plug at my shop, then go on with the sanding of the plastic ?

Thanks for any advice on the matter (unfortunately I'm not in a hurry to mount the straps yet, the forecast at my spot are low to no winds, with temperature below zero celsius, brrrrrrr)
hey,
were did you bought the Accessory Bag for starboard.. cant find it anywere om the net..

please help!

Ole Petter - norwegian surfer
oleping is offline   Reply With Quote