View Single Post
Old 30th August 2011, 12:30 AM   #6
IRL-250

Send a message via Skype™ to IRL-250

I love my KA Koncept's and prefer them to the KA Race :-) They are very easy to rig, powerful on the water while feeling light in your hands and the cams rotate like they are not there.

You can use a wide range of of mast on the KA Koncept. Obviously the KA Mast is the optimal mast for the sail but Other brand masts are suitable if they have the correct IMCS and an IMCS bend curve percentage in the range of 13-14% (or slightly out either side from this range) which is constant curve to slightly flex top. You can see info mast bend curves here

http://peterman.dk/masts-all-imcs01.htm

and here

http://peterman.dk/mast-imcs-formulas.htm

I have used Neil Pryde, Tushingham, Fiberspar, North Platinum & Sailworks masts on the sails and they all work fine but if you have Maui Sails masts they will definitely not work. I experimented with a Gaastra mast which has a similar bend curve to Maui Sails masts just to see how the Koncept rigged and felt on the water and the sail felt gutless with the sail way to flat in the bottom of the sail and the leech was was too loose so the sail was loosing power so if you were to switch to the Koncept's you would have to change your sail over.

Where are you based as you might be able to meet up with a KA ambassador and try the sails out?

Hope this helps

KA Sails (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Chinook (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Vector Maui Fins (
)
Pro Motion Wetsuits (
)
Wind & Wave (
)
Curve (
)
Windsurfingfins (
)

KA Koncept 4.4, 5.0, 5.8, 6.6, 7.5, 8.3, 9.5
KA Kaos 4.2, 4.7, 5.3,
KA Kult 5.8, 6.4m

Starboard - Isonic Speed W53, Phantom 380, Quatro 85l Evil Twin Custom.
IRL-250 is offline   Reply With Quote