View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:55 PM   #4
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 185

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They are all types of carve gybe ??? (Except flare gybe )

Isnt any planing gybe called a carve gybe of sorts ?? (Because you carve into it ?)
Yes they are. But some where along the line people started giving them different names. I beleive Peter Hart uses the term "Strap to Strap" while Andy Brandt uses the term "Carve Jibe" and someone else uses the term "Speed Jibe" for a carving jibe where you switch your feet after flipping the sail.

COACHG is offline   Reply With Quote