View Single Post
Old 19th September 2011, 11:16 PM   #2
mark h

Hi Ken

When I first started windsurfing, I used to go for the back footstrap first too avoid being catapulted. Nowadays, it's strictly front footstrap first. Slalom boards and boards in general are pretty short, and need to be stuffed downwind to get going. Front footstrap first makes it easier to stuff the nose off the wind.

On little speedboards, if sailing super over-powered, I do waterstart in both footstraps. Its tricky at first but helps avoid struggling to get your feet in the straps with a 6.3m in 35/40k winds.

Iv'e never seen a PWA slalom guy/girl go back footstrap first.

I have a friend that still goes for the back footstrap on all of his slalom boards. He is not very strong, and likes to be powered to overpowered but hates getting slammed which is why he goes for the back footstrap first ( or so you he say's).

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote