View Single Post
Old 11th November 2011, 03:39 PM   #34
Haggar

Smile F111 on the Water

I got to try my new F111 Wood yesterday for the first time. I sailed in quite choppy open bay conditions in about 15 knts of wind. I dont think that the extra weight from last year is an issue, in fact I think it helps to hold it down in rough conditions. The board does look a little wider in the tail compared to last years, but it certainly performed well on the water. The finish of the board is excellent which you come to expect from Starboard.

I used a 7.5 m freerace sail with the stock 42 C3 Venom fin. The board planes early and as Hanspeed has already said, rides quite high in the water and handles chop well. Its refreshing to sail a board that effortly stays upwind which means you dont need to worry about where you are sailing. The board does'nt give as much feedback to the rider as iSonic, but it still gives a lively ride, and you can either relax and take it easy, or lock it down and go hard. Gybing was easy and decisive. I also tried a 6 m freerace sail and a 36 C3 Venom fin, but was a little underpowered, but this combo still felt OK.

First impression is that this is a great board, well done Starboard.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote