View Single Post
Old 31st July 2012, 02:06 PM   #14
ittiandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for me Gaastra is what they call `hard top` and Ezzy is `constant curve`
so, would the same mast even do `great` on both sails ??

Ezzy always says their sails work with ANY mast - what`s that all about ??

over time - have learned - put suggested/recommended mast with your favourite sails !!
As I said in my original posting, I am really not an advanced sailor,( probably an intermediate one) and, for all the nice and undoubtedly true, " by the book ' suggestions for optimal performance which I am being offered by experts , I believe the difference between using a " compatible" mast and an "incompatible" one with a given sail is too subtle to be appreciated by anybody who is not a real pro. If my Gaastra Pilot was incompatible, as Roger suspects ( and it might well be true), with the 75% Viper mast I had been using for 6 years before it broke, the bottom line is that it was quite satisfactory to me and it never prevented me from enjoying my sailing, so I am inclined to think that I shouldn't worry too much about the compatibility of a new " constant curve" Gun Mast if it can perform at least as well as the " wrong" Viper I had before.....
I'd be curious, though, to know in what respect an incompatible mast would differ from a compatible one, in terms of performance, in the eyes of an expert, concretely. Speed? Manoeuverability, Planing capability? Or are there any safety issues, like possible breakages?

Thanks

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote