View Single Post
Old 6th September 2012, 12:35 AM   #46
Unregistered

Unhappy

To tell you the truth, I've used computers all my life. For school, work and pleasure.
At the beginning I used a desktop, then a laptop. Now I can do pretty much everything with a smartphone.

This does not mean I do not dislike computers but I use more the smartphone than the computer and desktops. Here in the USA there are endless of free Wifi antennas so using the internet for free is very accessible......oh this word,,, accessible!
Kite boarding is now accessible to everyone. Young and old. Storing is simple, transporting is a breeze and rigging... well as complicated as windsurfing.

I am thinking on learning to kite board after this big RIO episode. I want to try what is all about. People tell me that I will hate it because is very easy, rather than accepting the challenge of never learning windsurfing 100%.

I think that kiteboarding will become more popular than windsurfing during its peak years. You see more girls doing it, kids, old pops, and you can actually plane and turn faster and easier. It took me for ever figuring out the best way to plane faster, tack on a small board and jibe without falling down and killing my breath waterstarting. Kiteboarding seems very simple where you might learn the basics, and will give you the chance of learning more trick like jumping or fancy stuff. I only need a simple lake and I am jumping, No need to go to Hawaii and jump.

I do not know man, but the decision of windsurfing being out of the Olympics for RIO has seal the deal on my decision to switch or at least learn more kitesurfing.
....if you see in the street, nowadays everybody is checking Facebook and emails on a smartphone and not a cafe internet. So I guess is also time to adapt to a more adecuate, modern and more accessible watersport.

Cheers from a sad and nostalgic windsurfer in USA....