View Single Post
Old 5th October 2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Unregistered

Krister

I know perfectly well the qualities of small boards and having had an Evo since they arrived I also know very well what they are capable of and what they are not !!!

Simple fact is that (even with the Evo; which is not such an early planer) many sailors miss out on great sailing days because the very kit you mentioned just doesnt work. Yes we all know how board development has gone but what hasnt changed is the peculiar mind set of so called "high wind" or " wave sailors" who (at many venues I visit) bemoan conditions and those people who are willing to adapt and use suitable kit..

Out of interest Krister how many days do you actually sail in a year ??? I suspect in UK there are only around 80 sailing days (F3/4 +). Discount those when you are at work. Discount those when you are doing family/social...Discount those when its too cold and you are around 20 ??? All these UK wave sailors probably sail a dozen days a year in conditions which are suitable for the kit they have ????

Yes sailing small boards is fantastic but its the icing.. Its exactly why so few windsurfers are left.. They get bored waiting to use the small kit...which is all they have..