Thread: Which Isonic
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Jacob

Hi BelSkorpio,

Thanks for your advive, especially tip with carbon version:
"About wood / carbon, I would definitely go for carbon. After all, you're choosing a board for light wind when there is almost no chop to absorb" - less chop at light wind is what I didn`t thought about

Anyway Formula have to stay - I love the board, I have lots of gear to it, and I tryed luck in formula racing twice and like it, so probably I`ll continue that, and need to have a board that fits the rules.

I`m strugling with decision 127/137. I`ve thought about 137 but still may order 127. Maybe the gap beetwen formula and 137 is too small and 127 will be better. But how to compere it to the gap beetwen 111 and 127 - thats what me courious.

Another thing 137 of 2011 had range 7.5 to 10.0 and now both 127 and 137 2013 have range of 7.8 to 9.6. Sails I have are 7.6, 8.6 and 10.0 and I want to make most of it. To make practical, fun and sensible board and sails quiver. I would like to choose one of these boards but don`t know which one is better. From the recommended range it seems like onle 8.6 will be suitable, but does recommended means other two sails won`t work at all, or just less effective - here`s my guestion?

Mayby one of them is more flexible to these sails combo?

Please let me know what you think and what are your experiences. It`s really important to me - I got married and with my wife we decide its time to think about kids, so it`s possible I`ll have to stick to this combo for next few years

Greetings,
Jacob
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote