View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Jean-Marc
TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I just bought a 2011 Kode 103L and I have got a couple of silly questions about the straps:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

1. The installation guide deals with 3 positions for the screws (more control, intermediate and more power). Is it correct there are only 2 positions on the kode 103L? Ok, that was the first stupid question ...

2. I did not succeed in inserting the screws. I prefer to ask before forcing: the antitwist plug and the screws do not enter into the holes because the pad is already 1cm thick and the screw is not that long. They could enter when forcing and pressing on the pad. Is it the "trick"?

3. (May be the best question ...) Should I plug the unused holes for the straps like for the air vent? I guess not but ...

Thank you for your answers and for the board!

Hi,

First, there are n
o stupid questions. It is always better to ask for instructions before doing something bad to your board.

1. Footstraps plugs are found to set up the footstraps either outboard (more power over the fin) or inboard (more manoeuvrability under foot). Moreover, you can choose either the forward holes (more control in chop) or the backwards holes (more speed).

2. http://www.star-board.com/2013/produ...stallguide.php

Installing the footstraps

i) As suggested above, rub the screw threads over a bar of soap. Insert the screws through the washers with its teeth facing down and through the centre holes located on either end of a footstrap. The pull-tabs will help you clear these holes for access.
ii) Screw down slowly each footstrap onto the desired footstrap position on the board. Take care not to ruin the plastic thread of the plug during the first 1-2 turns. After 3 turns, apply more downward force to be able to compress as much as you can the neoprene padding of the footstrap and the underlying foam of the footpad. Tightening the footstraps as much as possible will provide rigidity and comfort. Insufficient tightening will allow the strap to twist and distort excessively.
iii) After a day, tighten the screws again. When properly mounted, foostrap should not twist. As suggested above, it's always a good idea to check whether screws are tight enough before going out windsurfing.

WARNING : Tuning the footstrap fit will greatly enhance both comfort and performance. Always use corresponding holes for both ends of the straps for the recommended strap aperture (15.5cm). The aperture can be increased or decreased simply by opting for an adjacent hole on one end.
The size of the strap can be adjusted with the velcro adjustment system (Quickstraps and Wavestraps).

3. Unlike the air vent which should always be closed with the special bolt + O-ring seal while sailing (and left open - unscrew 2 turns is plenty enough, no need to remove the bolt - while not sailing), footstraps plugs are completely sealed below the holes. No need to plug anything, don't worry :

http://www.chinooksailing.com/produc...sort=5a&page=3

Cheers !

JM
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote