View Single Post
Old 29th November 2012, 04:04 PM   #2
kernron
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25
Default Updates & Feedback Wanted

The i-to-i is just a couple days away. Hope you've got your cellphone case, gear checked twice, and are ready for the challenge. If you need to get stuff in preparation for the race, make sure you contact our generous sponsors:

Adventure Sports / Neil Pryde / JP

Liquid Surf & Sail

Sandy Point Progressive Sports / Aerotech / Exocet

iWindsurf.com

(If you would like to be a current or future sponsor, please contact me by email or phone.)

The forecast is looking great for the race.

SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY
EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 14 TO 19 KNOTS ALONG THE COAST TO EAST NORTHEAST 18 TO 23 KNOTS IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 8 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS ROUGH IN EXPOSED AREAS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

I've heard from a few people planning to race that can make it on Sunday but not on Saturday. If the wind forecast holds and is true, it doesn't appear to matter a whole lot which day we'd run the race, so I'd like to hear from other people if they have a preference. It would be more fun to race on Sunday if the weather cooperates, but the wind comes first. In addition to perhaps better attendance on Sunday, the Hobie Cat fleet 44 is running what is the fleet believes to be the 40th anniversary of the Commodore's Cup race. I think it would be cool to be out when they are.

Let me know if you have a preference to racing Saturday or Sunday.

If we race Sunday is there interest in a tuning day or a pre-race clinic with racing tips, ocean sailing technique, etc. on Saturday afternoon?

More later,

Ron

954.565.4154
ron@ronkern.com
kernron is offline   Reply With Quote