Thread: steveC vs.
View Single Post
Old 17th February 2007, 09:04 AM   #29
mark h

Default RE: steveC vs.

Probably sticking my neck out here (but after half a bottle of red, not to bothered), but this is how I see things. Fast approaching mid-40's, and having tried numerous sports over the last 30 years from from boxing to bungie jumping (and not got addicted to any, but had fun) windsurfing is the one for me. The main reason being that (through my eyes) windsurfing does not have the same acid rivallery that other sports have (maybe with the exception of the PWA tour), people are happy to share all of there windsurf knowledge with total strangers from all-walks of life and they dont expect any return favours. You meet all sorts of people that you would not get to meet normally. A toilet cleaner could be taking to a doctor about fin size or the merits of extra downhaul, they dont care other than the fact that they have common ground and what they do to turn a coin just doesn't matter, its a level playing field in our chosen sport. Its a serious break from our normal mundain monday to friday lives. Some of the comments on this thread are clearly from intellegent and funny people, but a "few" others are from people that I always liked to think where not into our sport/way of life. I just dont get it, my stance is to encourage people to share knowledge, not scare them away. Loads of kids, including my 12 year old lad are starting out in this sport, it would be a real shame after all the support and words of encouragment they have had from the masses to be put off by the minority.

Cheers

The toys:
Speed W44 - Speed W49 - speed W53 - speed W58 - iS76 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 7.8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote