View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2007, 09:27 AM   #1

Default New Quiver of Sails - Help!

Hello All, I am looking to replace my old, worn sails with a new quiver, which I will share with my wife. As I normally sail on moderate winds on flat water, I was thinking of sails between the 5.7 and 8.2 range. (I actually already got a deal on a 2006 NP Saber so that will be my largest sail). Questions: NP sails seem to be priced at a premium to nearly all other sails.. Is the premium justified compared to Severne, Sailworks, Naish, or others? Should I make sure I stay with one manufacturer? I was thinking of spacing of 5.7, 6.3 - 6.4, 7.2- 7.3, and then my 8.2 Saber. Any suggestions? My intention was to go with no-cam sails all the way around, though my old saild are mosly cam sails. Would you suggest I stay with CAM sails. For further background, I sail on a Naish Icon 160 and my wife is on a JP 145 and we are in the 195 lbs and 130 lbs respectively. Our current quiver consists of a 6.2 Gaastra Grind, a 7.0 NP V8, and a NP 8.8 Spirit. I would appriciate any thoughts you might be able to share.

Thanks,
PEter
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote