View Single Post
Old 25th February 2007, 09:32 PM   #6

Default RE: New Quiver of Sails - Help!

My 2c...

For flat water free ride, I would NOT get a cammed sail except maybe your biggest as a 2 cam.

I think you CAN mix brands, but I would only do it at the extreme end of quiver (i.e., go with the Saber as you biggest and only NP sail, using others with non-aggressive spread between the NP and the rest of the quiver).

I would NOT go with the suggested 20% sail size difference, because you are buying a quiver for 2 people of very different sizes (and likely preferences in all kinds of things related to windsurfing). Thus, I think you will be better off with about a 12% spread, so that you and your wife can BOTH have a choice of sails on any given day. What you don't want is to be in a situation where you both want the same sail, she overpowered, you underpowered, both planing. I don't have a wife, but if I did, I would make SURE that she was getting as much or more planing time than me. That's on the principle of making sure my partner is having a good time, because then I can have a good time. I sail when I'm planing, when I'm not planing, a bad day windsurfing is a great day, so if you're like me, make sure your wife has everything she needs. One extra sail, maybe even two sails, is worth the investment.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote