View Single Post
Old 27th February 2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Del Carpenter

Default RE: Windsurfing Dominican

In March 2003 the all inclusive resort we stayed at in Cabarete had a sister resort in Sosua. We could travel about 1/2 hour between the resorts in mini-vans and have meals at either one. The one in Sosua was at the end of a bay which had pretty decent snorkeling (good enough large sailing catamarans brought in 30-50 tourists at a time who had paid for the privilege of snorkeling in a area that was reachable by swimming from the resort). Unfortunately I don't remember the name of either resort. We felt safe all of the time though we were not late night party-goers. We had good food and good service. I did some windsurfing in the bay at Sosua but the rental equipment there was pretty minimal and the wind there seemed to be not as consistent.

I'm a flat water sailor and I had enough problems with the ocean "waves" that the first of my 5 days windsurfing in Cabarete ended with a long walk back from Bozos Beach (even though the small waves I encountered would not have interested a wave sailor).
Del Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote