View Single Post
Old 1st March 2007, 08:52 AM   #1

Default crap evo construction=crap summer

i bought an 06 evo70wood off a 'team rider' in geraldton at the beginning of this summer for aus 1500 over the internet..(apparently exelent condition). worst purchase of my life.. i saved up for months to buy the best kit i could afford.. and after sailing this board for about a month with constantly twisting straps, it was getting very heavy, i realised it had a crack in the rail, length ways along the join where the top and bottom layer of 3mm PVC foam should meet. i say "should meet" because when i sanded the paint away it turns out it was all just bog.. the fibre glass didnt even reach all the way around the rail (no wonder it cracked). the board was less than a year old and i was told i would not get any warranty because i bought it 2nd hand of a team rider, even tho this website claims warranty for 12 months after purchase date. Everyone please check all second hand boards for cracks, repairs and starboard stickers. its no fun being stuck in WA with perfect conditions, a worthless waterlogged 06 evo and no money to replace it with. I almost traded all my kit for a kite.
thankyou starboard.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote