View Single Post
Old 18th March 2007, 01:11 AM   #2
Phill104

Default RE: I just ordered a Gemini!!

Brogborough recently added a Gemini tandem to their hire fleet and I'm keen to have a go.

The first thing that strikes you about this board is it's size, it's massive. You almost expect it to have landing lights on the deck. The tail has a very odd shape looking like someone has just discovered how a router works. It comes with a massive 70cm race fin which seem very good quality.

Tony and John were the first to take it out and this was one of the funniest events on the water in some time. Sailing along in a straigh line Tony was up front and sheeting in trying to get planing while John at the rear was doing an impression of total beginner. With the two sail doing opposite jobs the board was never going to go. Tacking was hilarious to watch with both parties screaming orders at each other resulting in a total mess.

Saturday saw Phil (another one) and Mike go out. This was a totally different sight. They were planing really well and even in light winds were getting some good speeds. The sailor at the frone ends up quite a way above the water while planing. Phil was at the backand was tacking normally while Mike, upfront, was heli tacking and as a pair it was working really well.

I cannot wait to have a go.

There are some pictures of the beast sailing here.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/thu...s.php?album=16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote