View Single Post
Old 26th March 2007, 08:21 PM   #10
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Sail sizes + power

Roger, thanks for showing up at the race yesterday. Glad you got out to sail a bit. I have never seen an iSonic 122 before. I'm so used to recognizing the shape of my iS105 and your iS101. I hope to give it a spin with my 8.0 Retro at Windfest.

I was very happy with how the iSonic 105 performed in the races. I have been sailing it for a year now, and still each time I go out I get more comfortable sailing it. Usually, in conditions like Sunday, I finish 2nd or 3rd. This time, I tied for 1st, and on a technicality won the tie!

And to get more on topic...

I was using my Hucker 5.6 with the Backbone 460. That sail was great rigged on a zFree 430 and 460. It is absolutely amazing with the Backbone 460.

I am 5' 10", 145 pounds (178 cm, 65 kg). I think this set up worked better than any other for me.

Erik (6' 2", 190 pounds) took my board/sail for a spin after we finished racing. I'm glad he doesn't have an iSonic. He's fast enough on his HyperSonic 105! With the iSonic, he seemed much faster than on the HyperSonic (with an old Gaastra 5.8). He actually remarked that he didn't think he tapped the full potential of the iSonic... he called it 'scary fast.'

What do you think the wind conditions were when you were on the water with us? ~20mph? It felt perfect with my 5.6 the way I had it tuned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote