Thread: Hypersonic 105
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2007, 07:05 PM   #6
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Hypersonic 105

I just had an experience racing against a Hypersonic 105. The sailor was 188 cm, 86 kg. He doesn't use his H105 very often, but pulled it out for a race this past weekend. He came in 3rd for the day. He was very consistent in all heats (except when he broke his outhaul). He had 4 2nds, a 6th and a 3rd. Winds were from 17-22 knots, I would guess.

I have seen him sail it before but we never really did any comparison.

On my iSonic 105, I was faster than him all around, but it wasn't by much. Only once did I get in a position to pass him ... he managed to pinch me upwind. I was gaining on him, but couldn't go high enough to continue the maneuver.

He jumped on my iSonic 105 after the race was over. He described it as scary fast. I could tell he was markedly faster on the iSonic than on the HyperSonic. I could also tell he was holding back, so who knows how fast he could have been on the iSonic.

In lighter winds, he does remark that his Hypersonic isn't floaty enough for him to feel comfortable using it much. He switches to a higher flotation board instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote