View Single Post
Old 30th March 2007, 10:43 PM   #9
Ken

Default RE: Objective Testing / Measurements.

It would seem logical that all board manufactures could provide accurate measurments, especially volume.

I had an old 95 liter board that was a bit tricky to stay on when the wind dropped to 0-5 knots. I specifically moved up to a 105 liter board that was relatively easy to stay on and uphaul in less than 5 knots.

Through my 22 years of windsurfing, I knew that 105 liters was exactly what I wanted, and that is what I got (it was a HiFly 105 Move). If the board had actually been 100 or 110 liters, I would have returned it for a refund. It's important to get it right!

I was responsible for the third post about shoe sizes, so I probably have contradicted myself a bit.

On the other hand, I have quite a few dress shirts, all with neck size 16. Some of them you can stick you hand into the neck with the top button buttoned and some are so tight that they slow the blood supply to my brain. The point being that consistent and accurate measurements aren't what they should be.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote