View Single Post
Old 12th April 2007, 07:20 PM   #7
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Why no Tufskin Apollo?

Quote:
MA_Pete wrote:
James:

Thanks for the feedback. I have considered the same thing re the 148. I know Bill in ME (o2bnme here) uses a 70 cm fin on his with I think a NP V8 9.8.

My opinion seems to differ from others' on the differences between the F-Type 148 and 158. I made the switch from a 158 to a 148 last year. I was suprised at what I lost in early planing with my 9.5 Retro (for me at least). I also was surprised that my 9.5 felt a little big for the 148, while it was just fine on the 158. Quite frankly I wouldn't think of putting an 11.0 or so on the 148.

-Pete
Yup, I put a 70cm fin on my FT148. Actually, I use this fin most of the time with this board. New England Windsurfing Journal has some Hatteras Windfest pics from 2006 in an issue last year. They have me planing in winds nobody else could plane in. I was using my FT148 with a 39cm weed fin and my 9.8 V8. I'm fairly light at 65kg though. Go Pro Video took the pictures, so they are available on his web site -- he seems to be working on the website so the images aren't available. Suffice it to say, there was very little wind.

I like the idea of looking at a Kona or any of the Phantoms. I grew up in New England and have fond memories of my father and me jumping on Windsurfers and heading out from Newport on adventures. We'd go 30 miles down the coast and then return. With their centerboards, these boards would give you that experience.

The iSonic 155 idea is another good one. I'm hoping to try the iS145 next weekend at Windfest. I'll report back how it compares to the FT148.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote