Thread: 2007 Ezzy Wave
View Single Post
Old 26th April 2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Russell

Default RE: 2007 Ezzy Wave

I changed to the 2007 Ezzy's late last year and love the sails.

I will have to say they take a bit of getting used to and learning how to set them. But once you have them dialed they are great and it is hard to go back to other makes of sail.

The most important thing is not to put too much down haul on as this flattens the sail too much and brings the draft to far back and makes the sail very twitchy.

The out haul guide seams to be spot on and I find I tend to use 1cm less than the rope guide. The out haul adjustment on this sail is huge and you can sail with the sail very full. So you can go much smaller. I prefer to go small and full rather than bigger and flater.

The rotation of the sail is very hard and is the one thing you have to get used to. It sounds like you are using a slalom sail.

The sail sets very differently on different masts and I am now using a maverX stilo 300 wihch I perfer. But again this is a personal choice.

These sails are very powerfull so are best suited to a more agressive style of wave riding where you are using the power of the sail more.

These are just some of my thoughts but my main advice is play around with the fine tuning until you find a set you prefer, as the range of settings are huge.

Russell
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote