View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 03:08 AM   #6
Phill104

Default RE: iSONIC 101 TOO BIG FOR 6.2M AND 73KG??

I agree with markh. Having sailed the 101 it is a great board especially in flat water. If however you are comparing it to old school slalom boards of a similar volume you will find a big difference. For a 101lltr board to handle sails up to an 8.5 means it must wide, this width and the hard rails makes a very efficient board but in heavy chop it will be a handful.

It does work surprisingly well in chop but it takes a lot of commitment and a certain amount of guts to really drive it at speed.

You are certainly not heavy and are not using large sails. In heavy chop I have found the stypes to be as fast by virtue of ease to control by comparison.

I have an iS87 as my small slalom board and even in only just planing conditions it is so easy to sail with my 7m (I'm 85kg ish). When the wind pics up it is fantastic down to a 5.2 but a little scary in big chop unless you really commit and go for it.

Maybe an 87 would be good for you too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote