Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 25th May 2007, 02:25 PM   #21
Floyd

Default RE: ST115 vs KA117

Thats certainly a different report to one I saw and I think if you do your homework properly you will find that even SB themselves reckon S type is overquoted in volume but that wasn`t point anyway.
Point was
a) S type IS NOT a wave board

b) S type is NOT an early planer

Volume measurements have little to do with early planing any way.
JP 114 slalom pro will without doubt plane way before an S type 137 (whatever its volume)
So you can go £%$£ yourself too.

And an ignorant post in all senses of word (especially your first)
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 05:04 PM   #22
LK

Hi Boyz,
funny long discussion !

Why not compare The Futura 11X and the new K 11X (new modified AE 117), they look great . We are close to August, why discussing old boards ???

LK
LK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 01:53 AM   #23

Hey Floyd
- remeber, we were comparing ST115 with KA117
- ST115 does NOT ride like a plank in waves, at least not more than the KA117
- remeber, K107 not interested anymore, '07 lineup concernig Kombats was quite disapointing.
- ST115 kills KA117 end of story
- A117 would kill ST117 (in a lot of conditions), but they don't make it anymore
- Ola can make whatever comemnts he wants, some just aren't qualified/backed with experience, again eos.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 02:45 PM   #24
Ola_H
TEAM

Hey Guest. My point with the earlier post was not a comparasion. I was just lifting the fact that differnt people may have different experiences with the same board - something which undoubtebly is the case here. Just stating that board A is better than board B without including something under which condition and for what rider is often not so meaningful. Of course, there are very clear cases, but there are lots of grey areas too. Thats's the difference between just evaluating a board for your own sake and evaluating it for a whole "market".

But I'm intrigued by your experience with the 07 Kombats since the K87 is one of the best boards boards I've been on. With that I don't mean its my favourite board (since I'm _personally_ rather on an EVO in waves for example). I rather mean its a board that exceptionally easy to use and that does what its intended to do in a very natural way and that it is simply and extremely fun board to just sail on. The 87 is so far the only size I've sailed, but the 97 and 107 at least looks very similar. Which ones have you tried and what was it you didn't like?
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 03:49 PM   #25
Floyd

Hey Guest
Yes I realised thread had something to do with ST and KA range !
Its been (is ???) a very interesting thread because obviuosly people`s view of the same board are completely different.
I objected to what was IMHO exaggerated claims. (ST in waves ??? and planing in 8 knots and to the tone that if you did not have extensive knowledge of BOTH boards you could not offer opinion.
People DO buy boards on strength of what they read on here. (more so than product blurbs) because they are real experiences and (hopefully) not adverts.
Some people (IMO) have mis bought S type. (their own faults ???). This will continue in atmosphere of "keep quiet you dont have both boards" and continued insistence ST has qualities it just does not possess)
It might be better in waves than lots of other boards. (Its arginally better than my old Tencate Hunter) It might plane earlier than my speed needle ! But so what !
Its still neither an early planer or a good board to be on in waves !
Ask SB ! Read their own product literature. !
Good sailing.
(Nice to see an interesting thread though !!!)
B):@
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 05:59 PM   #26

- ST sizes/volume somewhat different than KAs
- not the SAME ST will be fun in waves AND plane at 8 knots
- KAs till now have been no fun, tried'em for quite some time, dumped them. Kombats in general are a different story (K86 == favorite board). STs where fun from the very first second, KAs no comparison whatsoever wether flat, nor waves, nor chop. Slow, slow to plane feel like lead.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote