|1st September 2007, 12:23 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
iSonic or Futura 111
I just asked my dealer to order an 08 iSonic 111. Now I am having second thoughts after reading about the Futura. Some guidance or an opinion would be appreciated. I would choose the wood model.
1. 80 kg, age 62, but still aggressive.
2. Racing for 23 years, longboard and now Formula for the last 6 yrs.
3. Possible slalom racing, but mostly fast freesailing
4. Need to fill the gap between my F160 and a Hi Fly 105.
5. iSonic 111 sail range is 5.8 to 9.0, which meets my needs better than the Futura
6. Most likely would use a 7.5, but may go to a 6.5 or 8.4 on occasion.
7. Some chop hopping is desirable, but in 6.5 conditions and higher the Hi Fly 105 is good.
8. Lake sailing, puffy conditions. Flat water and chop up to .75 meter
9. I Like to make GPS speed runs as often as possible.