Old 16th September 2007, 02:04 AM   #1
Duracell

Default iSonics this year in Technora?

I had an FT137 woord, lasted 13 months (well not quite, it was in repairs a while too)
The fboard started chipping all fin heads stuck into the board (no fin banging the beach experiences btw)

I had the iS133 (07) wood, lasted 20 sessions. It too started chipping the fin heads of all fins I used with the board. After 20 sessions one could see (barely) long thing lines taht were bubbles

I got the iS133 as a cheap upgrade for the old FT137 that really wrecked (footstraps broke out of board with carbon base, didn't even notice it on the water, no wipeout or anything).

A small piece of advice to all with wider wood boards: check your fin head, if it starts chipping look for any water creaping into your board.

Now I know sb won't like this post but I do know for a fact that their team riders also manage to put their toes through their wide wood boards while in the straps. So Whats so wrong about CARBON? You've got great shapes, how about great qualitiy?

BTW I received a free replacement (iS133 07) for the iS133 that had only lasted 20 sessions, wonder how long that replacement will last . I pointed out to the shop owner that the brand new board already had a few imperfections, really long non regular non symetric dents of varying sizes (a few mm to 10-15 cm) along the side of the board.
(I unpacked it in the shop and checked it out there, so no transport or usage related damage)
"They are hand made" was the shop owners opinion. Well maybe that's the problem.
Duracell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 03:57 AM   #2
Phill104

I can honestly say that in all the boards I've seen and owned that I've never had or seen a problem aside from shipping damage. Especially considering this is at a venue with a starboard dealer where a high percentage of 200+ club members ride starboard

You seem really unlucky with your boards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 03:56 PM   #3
Klint

Duracell,

What do you mean with "fin head chipping". I have experienced that the fin box occasionally can chip i.e. small black chpis comming off around the screw holes in the box. Is that what you meant? This damage is mainly of cosmetic nature and will not leave the board taking in water.

Never seen a fin head chip, the material used in the head should be way to tough to be damaged.

/ Andy from Sweden
Klint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 04:05 PM   #4
Phill104

Here are come pics of Duracell's fins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 12:57 AM   #5
Duracell

Yup those pics still belonged to the FT137 fins, I could post similar omes for the iS133 fins.
Old 19th September 2007, 05:25 AM   #6
Erik Loots

Send a message via MSN to Erik Loots

Are the fins tight in box?

If they are sand the heads and problem solved, youre lucky that the board is not suffering when fin is to tight. I have seen a fanatic falcon and fin was ok, but around the finbox the board had little cracks.
Erik Loots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Duracell

the shown fins are those from the FT137, the fins that came with the iS133 were pre fit and went deep into to box (). They fitted tight enough but were not flush with the bottom of the board. Funny enough sb replaced the board only, so now I have a brand new iS133 (80) W with the old fins. On the new iS133 the fins are flush with the bottom of the board... Hand made is all I can say.