Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th September 2007, 12:41 AM   #1
griff

Default evo 2006 vs 2008

Hello,

At the moment i am using 2 evo's from 2006, an Evo 74 and an Evo 83. My sail range is 4.2, 4.7, 5.3 and 5.7 and my weight is 82kg.

What i really like from this combo is that I can choice a board based on water conditions instead of the wind alone.

If it is windy for 5.3 but less wind in the wave breaks (onshore for example) I take the 83 for more float, if the conditions are perfect with a stable wind I take the 5.3 with the 74. Same for 4.7 conditions. For the rest, 4.2 ->74 and 5.7->83

Sonshore, gusty, or light-wind conditions: evo 83 , perfect or high-wind conditions: evo 74

The 83 has a different shape more based on early planing then the 74 so together with the difference in width and volume both boards differ enough to justify.

I think the XTV is a nice addition especially for the 80 because when you ready for the bottom turn you have to pay more attention to position the board compared to the 74 which is the smoother waverider.

Based on the volume and the early planing bottomshape of the 83 compared to the 80 it looks like a 75 & 80 evo will be closer to each other then the range i now have with my 74 & 83 combo.

Is this correct ?

ps. an 70 & 80 combo is not option because 70 liters will be to minimal for me because I am using 4.7 and 5.3 at 80% of the time.
griff is offline   Reply With Quote