Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 24th January 2008, 06:45 PM   #11
seasharp

Revpod, I tried a 133 Futura yesterday with 8.5 V8 sail and found that it didn't want to plane as easily as my AHD and didn't seem any faster. Maybe I have to adjust my technique...
seasharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 09:50 PM   #12
crazychemical

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasharp View Post
Revpod, I tried a 133 Futura yesterday with 8.5 V8 sail and found that it didn't want to plane as easily as my AHD and didn't seem any faster. Maybe I have to adjust my technique...
it's always an adjustment changing boards if they're not form the same brand: different designers, different testers. When i switch from mistral to startboard i always have to readjust to the slightly more technical aspect of starboard, wheras mistral allows me to make mistakes, starboards responds to a malplaced foot relatively fast. Also, tried placing the mast foot fully forward?
Old 25th January 2008, 12:06 AM   #13
Revpod

Remember I have the 144- The extra width I believe gives the extra planning also the outboard straps mean that when overpowered it is possible to hold down more sail then you would on the AHD -and importantly stay in control - I recon also because it is lightier -especially in the wood - it will plane earlier - As to technique - shouldn't really be an issue the Futura also is soo much issur to carve - give it another go!
Revpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 05:51 AM   #14
Chris Pressler

Hi Seasharp,
I placed the wrong board in my recommendation. Sorry. I wanted to recommend you the Futura 122.
This board must work great for your sailrange and bodyweight. Test the Futura 122. This board has awesome speed and is super easy to jibe.
Have fun,
Chris
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote