Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 27th September 2006, 02:41 PM   #1
Aus1976

Send a message via ICQ to Aus1976 Send a message via AIM to Aus1976 Send a message via MSN to Aus1976 Send a message via Yahoo to Aus1976
Default Ian fox about pro kids s-type how fast

I want to know about the s-type, do you know anybody using them for gpsspeed sailing, and what times have they been getting thanks ?
Aus1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 08:26 PM   #2
sailquik
Speed Demon

Default RE: Ian fox about pro kids s-type how fast

I had an Prokids S-Type and used it for GPS-speed sailing in 2004-2005 summer. For a 74 kilo, 177cm person it is a great blasting board for around 25 knots of wind on flat water, and I saw speeds in the mid to high 30's quite regularly. I don't think I ever cracked a 40 knot peak on it from memory. It tended to get a bit flighty - light on the water at those speeds for my weight. Another local sailor, Craig bought it off me and has used it for his medium to high wind slalom board. He had set a very good GPS 1 hour session on it last year. It is really good for that as it will hold speed well on a long figure 8 course and plane out of Gybes nicely. He is also less than 80 kilos I think.
I replaced it with a PK Sonic which is seriously fast and I have done many runs on it over 40 knots. Again it suits smaller guys better than big guys. I have just had my first sessions today on the new iSonic 50 and it is very user friendy. Really easy to get going and very stable in chop. Ian fox has posted some sensational times with the identical prototype for this board in the last 12 months. If you have a search around in www.gps-speedsurfing.com you will find a few references to the PK S-type.
Hope this helps, Andrew D
sailquik is offline   Reply With Quote