Old 25th April 2008, 04:27 AM   #1
Klint

Default Weedfins for iSonic?

Hi,

I have an iS 122 and 101 to be coupled with race sails 8,5 , 7,5 and 6,5. I've realized that I will need a couple of good weed fins since we get moderate amounts of weeds during summer and fall where I live. I'm looking for the market's best weedfins, what do you recommend and in which sizes? I'm 85 kg and sail costal conditions.

thanks!

/Andy
Klint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 07:40 AM   #2
steveC

Hi Andy,

Earlier, I was strong on MS carbon booms, but I would also like to recommend Wolfgang Lessacher's asymmetrical Duo Weed fins. In my opinion, these weedfins are the "kind" product for slalom and speed sailors. Great resistence to spinout and tons of windward capability. Also, one can run very small sizes and still get great lift.

However, if one has a focus on waves, I would highly recommend the True Ames Weed Wave. It's an older design "special order" fin, but I think that it's worth the manufacturing wait time. The 9.5" version works really well with 5.7-7.0 sail sizes in wave conditions, even with tons of heavy kelp. The weed shedding ramp is so small that its really notable, and it's quite a narrow chord lower aspect fin at the base. Very maneuverable and flexible overall.

http://www.cameraid.com/Lessacher/

http://www.trueames.com/wind.html

Last edited by steveC; 25th April 2008 at 07:45 AM.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Klint

Thanks Steve, your input is highly appreciated.
The MS boom is already on its way, looking forward to that.

/ Andy

Last edited by Klint; 25th April 2008 at 02:54 PM.
Klint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 11:56 PM   #4
steveC

Andy,

I'm glad that you elected to get the MS boom. Believe me, you'll be super stoked once you have the opportunity to use it.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote