Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th July 2008, 09:58 PM   #1
Winther

Default Evo 80 and Tushingham sail?

I am 75 kg - sailing a 80 liter evo 2007 and Tushingham sails.

My favorite wave sail is the New 2008 Tushingham Rock 5,3 - but ofte I needs a 5,7.

At my home break all waves are generated by the wind - meaning that 5,8 weather would make waves up to max 1 meter/ 3 feet - and not very powerfull - but the can be fun and very rideable anyway.

Last year I did buy the new version of the Storm in 5,75, (coming from the old Storm series - that was ok in small waves.) - The new Storm feels much more dedicated freeride.

I set the new storm normally - with a good deal of downhaul and some outhaul - but not thight.

Anyway - I am not totally happy going out through the wave break in 5,8 weather, since jumping feels like I am having a big sail and out of controle springs to mind. Side shore riding is actually ok, when I am on the wave - Onshore riding gets backwindet easily.

Would any of you be able to give an advice on - if you think I can tune the Storm 2007 to to perform well in the Danish 5,8 "waves"?

Or should I change the sail for a Rock 5,7 or would the Wedge possible be the best 5,7 weapon for me for the Evo 80.

Thanks in advance

Yours
Lars Winther Larsen
Winther is offline   Reply With Quote