Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 16th July 2008, 11:34 PM   #11
Ken

I guess I wasn't paying close attention to the size of the board, but yes I can belive that 35.5 knots is possible on the GO 122. When I see a GO board, it's usually a big one for beginners or advanced beginners.

However, when one posts a video of the board moving around 20 to 25 knots of speed in rather choppy water, and then follows it with a shot of the GPS showing 35.5, it's hard to buy into the claim.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 02:19 AM   #12
Hammer

I assume the 35.5 knots was a peak speed. I don't know, but whatever it was it won the competition so it must have been verified in some way.
I doubt the video footage is of the actual speed runs (looks like beating upwind on port). My guess is that was just the best footage as he was near the camera and the actual speeds were done on water that was flatter and further away.
Anyway I just thought it was fun and a crazy idea to do speed on a Go board. Not sure who's idea that was ( I know Ian had ideas about making a Futura go 40 knots). So enjoy the video and if you think you can go faster then go prove it!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote