Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 30th July 2008, 08:08 PM   #1
lam

Default flare footstraps

Hi team,
I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem with me. After every
freestyle session i have to tight the screws of my footstraps. What exactly are the best screws for buying in order not to have any problems with footstraps because i twisted my knee last year due to a screw damage while i was doing a shaka my front footstrap came completely out of the board.
Any tips for the heavyweights?
i weight 90 kgr ...shall i look for another freestyle board or a custom one?? i own the flare 111 07 and i really enjoy that board i m looking to buy a new one soon and i dont know if i have the same problems again.
thanks
lam
lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 01:54 PM   #2
Klint

This is a common problem with footstrap inserts stripping. Check the forum, there's a number of threads discussing this.
Klint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Ola_H
TEAM

Ian,

The screws are a special type and I don't think you can find better ones. They are specially designed to screw into plastic.

The question is if you have stripped the threads of your board or if they are just undoing themselves slightly? I have heard of stripped threads, but that is almost always something that happens the first time you mount the straps. I haven't heard of problems with the straps unscrewing themselves.

Maybe you can reinforce the threads with the thread compound that is recommended in the footstrap section under Productc>Product assistance>repair guides.

If the threads are intact, another idea would be to put a drop of loctite between the bolt head and the washer (I don't know how the loctite would react with the plastic in the plug, so I would not put it in there).
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote