Old 24th September 2008, 05:52 PM   #1
HotIce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Test Ban

No test of the Starboard Evil Twin Twinzer or Kode in the October U/K Boards magazine wave board test?

My understanding is that Starboard do not want Boards magazine to test their boards.

The October Boards magazine wave board test to me seems fair and balanced.

Perhaps it is time to reconsider?
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Doby
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
Default

Isnīt it pretty coward of *board not to let a mag test their boards?
Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 04:12 PM   #3
HotIce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink Perceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doby View Post
Isnīt it pretty coward of *board not to let a mag test their boards?
I think thatís a bit harsh.

I feel itís more to do with Starboards perception of how fair the tests are.

However there is a danger that people may draw all sorts of conclusions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 09:08 PM   #4
LK
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 104
Default

Hi boyz, you write both the questions and answers.

Read again the following posts from Scotty and Ola

http://www.star-board.com/forum/show...01&postcount=3

http://www.star-board.com/forum/show...18&postcount=5

in this threat

http://www.star-board.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4475

It explains very clear what they think about these tests particularly.

Cheers
LK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 11:00 PM   #5
HotIce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK View Post
Hi boyz, you write both the questions and answers.

Read again the following posts from Scotty and Ola

http://www.star-board.com/forum/show...01&postcount=3

http://www.star-board.com/forum/show...18&postcount=5

in this threat

http://www.star-board.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4475

It explains very clear what they think about these tests particularly.

Cheers
True, and your point is?

Please note itís the U/K Boards magazine I have mentioned not the test you refer to in Boardseeker which is a completely different publication.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 03:26 AM   #6
Doc
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Seeing what Ola can do in onshore conditions with his ET, the low score of the ET in the Boardseeker test was very surprising. I was looking forward to reading the Boards test to get another point of view, but apparently not going happen. Pity.
The Windsurf review was more or less meaningless. All the boards were quoted as being great for a large number of sailors in just about every condition. They totally missed out on the fact that readers want to know what makes a board special and different compared to another brand.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 05:46 AM   #7
HotIce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Seeing what Ola can do in onshore conditions with his ET, the low score of the ET in the Boardseeker test was very surprising. I was looking forward to reading the Boards test to get another point of view, but apparently not going happen. Pity.
The Windsurf review was more or less meaningless. All the boards were quoted as being great for a large number of sailors in just about every condition. They totally missed out on the fact that readers want to know what makes a board special and different compared to another brand.
I agree with you.

I have a certain sympathy with manufactures when they receive a test report they feel is unfair.

After all a lot of time, money and effort goes into bringing a board to market.

However there comes a time when to carry on a test ban starts to work against a brand.

Like you I was looking forward to the ET being tested in Boards.

I am sure we are not the only ones who were disappointed that Starboard asked Boards magazine not to test their board.

I feel the recent Boards magazine wave board test was fair and balanced and I can only hope that Starboard now reconsider their position.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 01:19 AM   #8
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotIce View Post
I feel the recent Boards magazine wave board test was fair and balanced and I can only hope that Starboard now reconsider their position.
Did you go on the test as that is the only way you could know if the test was fair and balanced.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 10:12 AM   #9
viking
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Thailand, France
Posts: 148
Default

I am not British and English is not my mother tongue but Boards is by far the magazine I prefer to read and that is the most serious. Regarding to the test, it changes from the other mag for that all the board tested are always marvelous with no drawback.
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 01:07 PM   #10
Ola_H
TEAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Seeing what Ola can do in onshore conditions with his ET, the low score of the ET in the Boardseeker test was very surprising. I was looking forward to reading the Boards test to get another point of view, but apparently not going happen. Pity.
The Windsurf review was more or less meaningless. All the boards were quoted as being great for a large number of sailors in just about every condition. They totally missed out on the fact that readers want to know what makes a board special and different compared to another brand.
Doc, you can check out the test in Planchemag which is linked from the front page. They seem to highlight some of the same aspects that I like about the board. These same aspects is what I think make it so good in onshore too when you push it a bit.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 05:31 PM.