Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th August 2006, 09:23 PM   #1
surfer

Default Terrible website

BOARDS

On each individual board page, there are NO PICTURES of the board in question aside from the header action shot. This is a HUGE mistake.

You use words to DESCRIBE the board you refuse to show me. Ever hear the little phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words"? (for example, the Acid and EVO have some sort of spiralling vee "power steering" bottom shape, but I can only guess since there's no pictures to know what the heck is going on.

Someone had the idea in their head to have a lean, clean website. The loss has been that there's no detail on the boards and for folks who don't have a shop nearby and want to check out the boards, there's no way for them to do so. Thus, they'll look elsewhere for boards (ie. Naish, RRD, etc.).

SHOW PICTURES OF THE BOARDS ON THE BOARD PAGES!

If the Hybrid Race and Formula Experience go to the same page, WHATS THE POINT?!

FORUMS

From the main menu, how do you get to the login page? And when you do login, it sends you to the home page, not to the forum page you were trying to get to in the first place. Silly and annoying.

"Starboard powered website"

What the heck is this? In the forum section, this is a "bread crumb" navigation feature, but it goes to the wrong page (logically).

Servers are cheap - this website is so slow. Buy some fast servers. ;-)

Why is the new site always so unstable the first few weeks when you launch it? I've been running high availability clustered websites for 15 years now and I can't imagine what the heck is going on behind the scenes here. Starboard claims all this quality, but the website seems to be an afterthought.

As for the boards - I've been a happy Starboard sailor for many many years, but the trend of the line is towards obscurity and not real world utility. Such a shame. I'd recommend Starboard simplify the lineup and give a clear indication to the buyer what board will work for them. (same concept for sail makes like Severne who have sails in their lineup that I've been told "don't exist") With this sort of crap going on, (and I suspect that there are boards in the Starboard lineup that will never see a high volume production line) how are you supposed to take the manufacturer serious?

Sorry that this has turned into a rant.
surfer is offline   Reply With Quote