Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th October 2008, 01:21 AM   #1
Malloy

Default Isonic 111 - Fins

Oh dear, I'm sure this question comes up all the time!

About two months ago I finally broke down to the pressure of my windsurfing buddies and went out and got a 2007 Isonic 111. Looking back I should have done this a long time ago but hey, I dont like getting bossed around

The board is fantastic and the two fins that came with the board (36 and 42cm) have proved servicable so far. Having gotten used to the board I am now in the process of figuring out ways to get the board go faster (yes, I am one of those people who loves going fast, or at least faster than my buddies).
My 'weapons of choice' at the moment (not my choice really, more a question of finances) are a NP V8, 8.0, and a Ezzy Infinity 6.5. I realize that these sails might not be the absolute pinnacle of speed-sailing technology, but at the moment those two sails will suffice.

My question is this: What fins (preferably two) would increase my speed on the 111 Isonic (2007) with the two sails mentioned? What brands... models and sizes would help me go faster. Ofcourse control and upwind-sailability is of interest as well, but not the primary goal here; beating my buddies on the other hand, is vital

So, has anyone any experience with the board/sail-fin combination that I have here, then any help would be much appreciated!

Oh, almost forgot it: I'm around 85kgs, 1.80m tall and sail in flat/slightly chopped water in anything from 15-30 knots.

Thank you very much in advance!
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote