Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 21st April 2008, 04:56 AM   #11
Unregistered

SteveC will clarify my comment for you ...

The original question was choosing between a Maui Sails or NP X9 boom.

In your response, you said 'do yourself a favor and seriously consider the MS' carbon booms'.

So why are you telling him to consider the MS boom? He already is considering the MS boom hence the thread question/title!
Old 22nd April 2008, 08:05 AM   #12
steveC

Oh my gosh Unregistered! I'm so sorry to have annoyed you and arosed your temper here. No doubt, I'm sure that Andy must be totally furious.

I can only hope that you didn't take your irritation home and take it out unduly on the wife and kids. My God, the dog and cat must have paid a terrible price.

Again, my sincere apologies for your duress at my expense. I'm clearly embarrassed now. How could have I been so foolish and unthinking.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 10:01 AM   #13
Egor

another vote for the MS boom here
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 09:54 AM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveC View Post
Again, my sincere apologies for your duress at my expense. I'm clearly embarrassed now. How could have I been so foolish and unthinking.
Love the sarcasm.

My only point was regarding your stupid comment telling the original person to consider the product when he was already considering the product.

If he wasn't considering the MS product he would never asked in the first place.
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:48 PM   #15
Unregistered

Unhappy

Think Steve meant consider it over the NP.

But my point is
NP just dont (IMO obviously) make the quality product they once did.
I`ve broken X9 masts rigging up.I`ve pulled out boom tubes from supposed monocoque NP booms. And you just cant rig NP sails up to the quoted guide anymore.Sure they rig (and perform) great evenually but in years gone by you could set an NP sail to measurements on bag and it was fine.If I rigged my Combats to measurements on bag I`d pull crigle out of sail. Whats happened ???

Last year I witnessed 3 x9 masts broken rigging up on beach !!! Its just appaling !
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:31 PM   #16
nonopr

I have both the x9 and MauiSail booms and by far the best boom ever I have is the MauiSails boom in any size is the best by far.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 01:09 AM   #17
Unregistered

I've had a lot of carbon booms. The MS (170/230) is by far the best one I've ever owned. A piece of art !