Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 31st January 2009, 08:20 AM   #1
scool

Default Isonic 150 vs Formula 160

How does the Isonic 150 par up with the 160/161 formula for reaching, planing, top speed in conditions powered up to fully powered. What would you choose for variable wind speed and direction for long distance races in the 9-10 meter range?
scool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 02:46 PM   #2
gre-969

Send a message via AIM to gre-969 Send a message via Skype™ to gre-969

Untill 15 knots I use my SB 160 , Tectonic 68 cm fin with 0 rake and 10 - 11 m TR-4 it's a fantastic combination and it wins always compare to slalom boards and my set up can be used untill 22 knots without to use chicken strap.
After 15k. the slalom boards are in their element and not be able to be beaten by Formula gear.

www.formula-windsurfing-association.gr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gre-969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Ken

scool,

If your long distance races include upwind and downwind, the formula will out point and out run the isonic in any wind. While I don't know much about the iS 150, I have an iS 111 and a formula 160. I would guess the formula would be more comfortable sailing for long distance racing compared to the iS.

I would agree with gre-969 that in variable winds around or under 15 knots, the formula would be the best call. I love my 160 and don't intend to upgrade for at least another year or two.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote