Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 1st April 2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Your help to find a death windsurfer of OAHU

Hello all,
I need your help to discover where is my family in the world right now. I know this might sound weird but need your help to find the name of one person that can make me get to them. Let me describe him:

He lived in Oahu, was used to Windsurf in Diamond Head, but died very young maybe between 1968 and 1978.
He was a good windsurfer. I know of one accident he have there, he hit a rock with the fin and got catapulted, then he hurt his knee with the reef or a rock. Looks like he recovered of this but after that, this hurt in the knee opened frequently, it never healed really. Maybe this clue can make remember someone who was.
He might be young as looks like her mother and a young girl where in the beach sometimes too.
Its tough but there are some clues clear:

- Leaved in Oahu
- Windsurfed in Diamond Head many times, maybe mostly
- Have a hurt in the left knee that never healed completely
- Died betweeen (estimate) 1968-1978.
- He was north american or at least resident north american
- His family might be alive yet.
- He might carry a bracelet in their right hand.

Also, there is a good chance he might be a very good windsurfer, not sure if this is true, but could have been one of the bests.

Please, help me find his name. Check in your memories, old photographs, he must appear. I am sure its really easy to get to this person and there are not really too much chances.

Thanks
Ricardo
Old 2nd April 2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Unregistered

Maybe the Kailua kids of that time (1975-1980) can know, are they all alive? them or their older friends parents can know.
Does any of Oahu is here?
This is the kind of post that people as Matt Schweitzer, Mike Waltze, Jim Drake and that guys must answer.

Can any contact them?
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Del Carpenter

Ricardo, I can't help you because I wasn't there and I don't know. But I'm replying because you did not give enough information about yourself to convince me to help you if I did know. Please do not be offended. I am a skeptic and so are many others. Many people will not give you more information about someone else than they know about you. You asked for a person's name, hoping for the full name. What is your full name? You said the person you asked about lived in Oahu. Where do you live? Provide any other information about yourself which you think will help convince someone who knows to tell you about the person you are trying to find.

Good luck.
Del Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Unregistered

Hello, thanks for your email,
well, I prefer not to say last name, really because people will think that I am crazy if i tell the story that got me to this point.
However, the thing is that this person I was looking for, is really myself, in a previous life.
I had a casual visit to a very spiritual person, one of the most reknowns in the world, that finds yourself in previous lifes and usually, without knowing you, knows exactly all what happens in your actual life just looking to this past. Its amazing how he can really know everything about anyone without knowing you, with details, names, numbers, experiences.

He never knew who was I when we casually met, and he just saw me and told me he was just looking a previous life of me and he saw and described me all this information in detail. He was very curious when then I said him that I know practice this sport and also, I have been in that place some years ago, and also, i am a good windsurfer now a day.

There is a lot of stories that happened in that time and I need to know more of what happened then, and also, as i am very young yet, all my family of that time should be alive and there. There is lots of things I need to understand, and specially, the reason why now, I am again a Windsurfer. Curious thing in a very young sport for sure.

In case you know who can help me to discover more of this person of the past, please help me.

And thanks for trusting me, and understand the real reason why I prefer to keep my name as a secret.

Ricardo
Old 5th April 2009, 11:20 AM   #5
Unregistered

Hmm .. how much windsurfing was happening at Diamond Head in 1968?

My guess .. probably not a lot. But there will be some more knowledgeable people on here that can correct me if wrong.

I think your spiritual person is full of hot air.
Old 5th April 2009, 09:16 PM   #6
Unregistered

1968 can be tough, but about 1972-76 I think most wavesailing started there, as hookipa was not in the map for windsurfers yet. There is a good chance of some surfers starting to wavesail there in that time