Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 13th June 2009, 02:21 AM   #1
slajder

Default Footstrap anti-twist plug

Hi

Just bought a Flare 99 from 2007. I mounted the footstraps, I had 2 pieces without the K9 anti twist plugs and one with 4 pieces of screws and wiht 4 pieces of K9 plugs. I think the footstrap with the 4 screws gets to the back position, the other ones with single screws to the front. But I was a bit confused , because the anti twist plugs didn't match next to each other (they were a bit wide). Then I guess that the double-screwed back footstraps are unlikely to twist, thus I get the 4 anti twist plugs out and positioned them under the front straps.
Is it suitable or did I make a mistake?

Another question to you: what is the real volume of the Flare 99 from 2007? There was no measurement in the surf-magazin in Germany about this board.

Thanks
Laszlo
slajder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Taty Frans
Dream Team NB-9

Laszlo,

The back straps don't really need the anti twist.

The front straps do need. as they will be the ones that will probably be moving as you are sailing after couple of days.

I think the flare 99 is a bit less volume then what is says maybe about 95 liters or so.

Taty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Taty Frans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 01:48 AM   #3
slajder

OK, the estimated 95 liters can cause some problem, I'am 83-84 kg and 190 cm tall. What do you think about using a 6.4 Gaastra Echo with this board for freestyle? Fortunately I have a 109 liter Joker for lighter winds.
But read that Chris Pressler also used the 99 and 88 liter Flares for freestyle before...he is not a little one I think.

After all, I bought this board for my wife for freeride and for me for medium/strong wind freestyle. After reviews it is a comfortable board for freeride simultaneously...

Thanks for your help, also the advices about the grubby
slajder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 10:19 AM   #4
Taty Frans
Dream Team NB-9

Yes, you can use the 6.4 on the Flare 99.

should be no problem.

Taty Frans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Taty Frans is offline   Reply With Quote