Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 5th June 2009, 06:55 PM   #1
pilsdose

Question best size of Flare (98 or 106)

hi, perhaps you can give advice. Im considering about the flare 2009. My weight ist 82 kg, surfing is on flatwater, mostly used sail sizes are 5,4 and 6.1. My level is currently training on grubby/flaka. But not succeeded yet :-(
Which size would you recommend - 98 or 106?
Thanks, Pit.
pilsdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Taty Frans
Dream Team NB-9

Hi There,

I have used both the flare 2009 98 and 106.

I have mostly been using the flare 98 because I feel that it fit my style and weight at best and I am about 74kg.

So my ideal size of Flare for you will be the Flare 106 . because you are 80 plus kg.

and since you are going to be using it in flat water and it will give you better balance and more enjoyable time on the water. fin size on this board can be 20cm for your weight.

Taty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Taty Frans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 04:01 PM   #3
pilsdose

Thumbs up

Hi Taty, thanks for your advice! That fits to the advices, ive got from fellows.
pilsdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:12 AM   #4
aa25

I am also 74kg and tempted to get the Flare 98 as well, but wood or woodcarbon? I notice many videos of pros using wood but they are about 6.4kg. Is the light weight of woodcarbon much preferable over wood for doing tricks?
I'm into freestyle & waves but have been using the Kode86, which is great but I think I'd be better getting a flare for freestyle and then a smaller kode for my wavesailing.
aa25 is offline   Reply With Quote