Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th August 2009, 03:06 AM   #1
CornishAlex

Default 87 Kg sailor quad 86 or 81?

Hi

I Have been sailing the Evo 83 since 2005 and since last year the Evo 80 (2009).

These board sizes have suited me great, as our location does sometimes get great down the line conditions, sometimes its cross on or bump and jump, but it is always very tidal and the wind is usually fairly gusty, whatever strength it is.

I am 6'4'', weigh in at 87 kg (and always have a full winter suit on as its UK so that adds some more weight!). Sails I use Ezzy 2009 Panther, 5.8, 5.3 and 4.7 (very, very rarely a 4.2 but thats never great wave riding here).

The best wave sailing we get is in lighter winds often hardly planning conditions, using the 5.8 or the 5.3.

I want to get a quad but I am sort of thinking I have a great board which is only one year old.........am I mad! Then again I love sailing in the waves and at 42 I need all the help I can get, the Evo took my wave sailing forwards really well so I am very keen to leap forward.

Which size (considering I have a 2009 80 Evo which I 'could' keep, although I could trade that on...........) do you guys think?

I have almost always only kept one active board as it helps the decisions at the beach and means I can get everything in my car rather than using a rack (lazy I know, but it helps as time is short with work and three kids blah di blah).

After looking hard at all the threads on the forums already, and watching the Quad site I am erring towards the 86 and keeping the Evo 80, but only just, so I would consider your views.

Alex
CornishAlex is offline   Reply With Quote