Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th August 2009, 04:56 PM   #1
Futura144NorskPFB

Question What fin size/modell for Futura 144?

Hi guys,

I started windsurfing last season with my Dad`s old Fanatic. This season I bought the Futura 144 wood + a Synergy rigg with a 7.3 sail + a Severne Focus 5.4. I`ve just started to learn how to jib both with my own board and my dad`s old one. The new equipment is far tighter and easier to control in heavvy seas. What puzzles me is when the Fanatic board is planing is is super stable, the Futura is fast to get in early planing but when I`ve gotten to a certain speed it starts to oscillate/vibrate uncontrolled from side to side and it makes me have to slow down to regain controll/stability.

The Fanatic has a pretty short fin I would guess maybe around 24cm and it is not straight but bent backwards and on my board I have the original fin that comes with the board, Drake R13 Race SL 48cm (twice the length and in a striaght shape) can this be the cause to my problems? Why? Any recommandations on which fin I should choose? In the catalogue they recommend 42-52cm...but I want to go even shorter, please help me out!
Futura144NorskPFB is offline   Reply With Quote