Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th August 2009, 05:31 PM   #1
mcasaldaliga

Default details on new Phantom320 Carbon? Best of allwind race/fun compromise

Hi Starboard team

When will you have more details (volume,weight) of the carbon version of new 320 Phantom race?

To every body:
Could this be best of the much-discussed hybrid trend?

Depending on the final planning threshold with a powerful 9.5m2 rig and fast jibe attitude this could be the best compromise for an ALL WIND course race/fun board.

Some time ago I was thinking of buying an hybrid board, looking for a good compromise on subplaning and closest_to_shortboard_feel in planing winds (the "real fun" part for me). But for all I read, all attempts were (with the exception of Bic Hybrid) too biased to formula and were really dumb in light wind. I mean, the railing upwind sensation of a longboard in light winds, it's also a real pleasure.
The hybrid trend hasn't got a wide spread, may be because the right spot was not found.

Now I got a Kona ONE, which I am really happy with it, but it's a pitty that there's not a lighter version (1-2kt earlier planning?) and no racing equipment (beating straps, adj. mast track ... ) so ... still looking for "my board"?

I clearly know the limitations of a single compromise board, but I like to think about how would it be the best one (in the above sense), and if my view are shared by others.

Many thanks and good winds to all

Marc
mcasaldaliga is offline   Reply With Quote